Monday, June 2, 2008

Romania.

Apologies all around. I have discovered that I am perhaps the worst blogger in the history of the world. However, I shall continue to try.

I took a lovely trip with 20 other people to Transylvania, Romania, from May 14 - 18, and it has probably been my favourite trip thus far. The country is exploding with beautiful landscapes and fascinating culture -- definitely an experience I'd repeat.

We drove there over 14 hours on a big bus with the team members from Project Centipede, which is a group of people from the Vienna Community Church who have been to Romania over 40 times to hand out supplies to kids in schools and orphanages. We spent much of our time loading and unloading boxes, handing out candy, and playing with the kids we worked with. We taught them how to line dance, and they taught us how to really sing! We set up Easter egg hunts for them, talked with them (as much as the language barrier would allow!) and took infinite amounts of photos of them. Cameras never get old!

Here's some photos:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2214018&l=ecac8&id=120807213
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2214047&l=8b506&id=120807213

No comments: